or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shawnshawn shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Stefan WehrmeyerAdminStefan Wehrmeyer (Admin, Mapnificent) responded  · 

Please list all the different transit agencies that would need to be added. Please list available GTFS data for these agencies, if data is available. If data is not available, please write to the transit agency and ask them to publish GTFS data for developers to use free of charge.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RalphRalph commented  · 

The map for the Metro area of Phoenix and it neighboring cities is great. I believe the map information is only about 6 months behind which is fantastic but I would like to see more of the feature in the video done to Arizona. Is there a time table for that to happen? Also I would like to thank you for creating such a wonderful app.

• DanielleDanielle commented  · 

i want to go with Jess and sho and aurdey

• JeremyJeremy commented  · 

PLEASE add Phoenix!!
        Thanks a bunch!!!
        That would make life so much easier and fun!

• ptbrennanptbrennan commented  · 

I can't find it listed on Google's public feeds, but the agency for Phoenix is Valley Metro, which operates the light rail line and most of the bus service in the area: http://code.google.com/p/googletransitdatafeed/wiki/PublicFeeds

Light rail, rapid lines, and the Tempe city bus system are probably the most obvious starting points, although my guess is that you'll find the whole network on a single feed. That is, if you can get it. According to this talk thread, Valley Metro doesn't provide a public feed for political reasons: http://groups.google.com/group/phxdata/browse_thread/thread/adf2e9a3f6a1066d?pli=1

• TJGTJG commented  · 

What a great way to market the assets surrounding light rail to locals and travelers all over the world!

• PhxDowntownerPhxDowntowner commented  · 

Quite honestly, I doubt such an application for our bus network would get much use compared to the effort it would take and therefore likely isn't worth the time. Instead, the payoff would come from focusing on the light rail.

• David BickfordDavid Bickford commented  · 

Valley Metro RPTA is the umbrella agency over a Balkanized system with several players, but the City of Phoenix Public Transit Department "owns" much of this data and has traditionally been reluctant to share it. Our bus and rail schedules now appear in Google Transit, but I can't find a public GTFS feed. That may be something that interested Phoenicians have to lobby for.

• Yuri ArtibiseYuri Artibise commented  · 

Please add Phoenix. Drivers there need to know that they can get around on transit and bikes!

• ThomasThomas commented  · 

This is such an awesome utility that Phoenix can use to demonstrate the power of a connected system--tying light rail with bus, Rapid lines, and Express buses.

• FabAmyFabAmy commented  · 

I love this city soooooooooo much!!! I've seen so many awesome changes since moving here 9 years ago. I'm loving the progress!

• PhxDowntownerPhxDowntowner commented  · 

We need this in Phoenix b/c we need help educating/surprising the majority of Phoenicians about how much amazing stuff actually is accessible via our light rail!

Feedback and Knowledge Base