I suggest you ...

add a "show me how" link that details the bus/train links used to get there in that amount of time.

If possible, it would be nice to see how some of these time are achieved. I live in DC and some of these look pretty optimistic. If you've found better ways to get around, I want to be able to go from pretty pictures to more efficient commuting!

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PNT shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminStefan Wehrmeyer (Admin, Mapnificent) responded  · 

This is a good idea! Technically it requires a bit more effort. Be aware that Mapnificent is not a trip planner and is partly guesstimating. But if it appears overly optimistic in some parts, an analysis is definitely important. Will do, but need to figure out right UI and implementation, may take some time.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jerry commented  · 

Hey.I live in Tucson,Az. could u please add my city in the program.Cuz I really think it could be very useful for me. Thanx in advance. Tucson Arizona

• Tom12345 commented  · 

Although this isn't designed to be a trip planner it and would be tricky to visualise it would be great to identify the combinations of transport required to reach certain points

• Harold commented  · 

You could at first add a selector for adding / removing public transportation means you are willing to use. For instance, transportation means with a large variance of transit time (say buses... in Paris) could be removed to see what you can actually do by subway or tram alone.

Cheers.

• Chillinvillain commented  · 

Good idea. Now we know if it's possible, the next step is to tell us how.

Feedback and Knowledge Base